Last Updated: July 21, 2022
Information Collected on This Site
As specified in more detail below, we collect personal information in various ways. When you visit our website, our site collects some basic information about your browser. We also collect personal information about you at various points, for example, when you send us a message, when you sign up for an account or for our mailing list, and when you make purchases through our site. We do not collect sensitive information about you such as age, race, gender identity, religion, political affiliation, health, or criminal records.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to support the services offered to you on our site. How and what we collect depends on how you interact with our site:
1. Information Provided to Us Directly. You may provide personal information directly to RAEN when you sign up for our newsletter or email lists, register for a Sorì della Sorba account, make a purchase through our site (or a gift purchase is made for you), or contact us directly.
2. Information Provided Automatically. When you access our site and browse through it, certain passive information may be collected about your visit, including through cookies as described below, and similar technologies (we call this “visit data”). Visit data may include information like your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, cookie identifiers, browser type, and possibly other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or other devices when you access the internet.
3. Information From Third Parties. We may collect personal information and data from social media platforms and other sites, but only to the extent such information is relevant to our purposes as described below.
5. Gift Recipients. If you send a gift from our site, we will collect contact information, such as name, shipping address and phone number for gift recipients to ensure correct gift delivery. We will not sell, share, or rent any contact or personal information for gift recipients with third parties, but they may receive offers from us highlighting new features, products, services, and special offers we think they will find interesting. Gift recipients can easily opt-out of receiving any marketing messages or newsletters by clicking the unsubscribe link available in the footer of each email.
How We May Process Personal Information
By “process,” we mean any way your information is handled, including by humans or automatically, such as collecting, recording, organizing, structuring, storing, retrieving, disclosing by transmission, disseminating, or making available, combining, adapting, restricting, erasing, or destroying, the information. Here are the legal bases we rely on to support our processing of your personal information:
6. Consent. We rely on your general consent to process your personal information, which you grant to us when you access our site, but which you can withdraw at any time.
7. Performance of a Contract. We process your personal information in order to create and manage your account, to fulfill your purchase orders, to keep you informed of their status, to respond to your inquiries to customer support, and to enforce our policies and terms of service
8. Legitimate Interest. We may process your personal information for our legitimate business interests, including to develop and promote new products or services, to enhance and improve our current products and services, to inform you about them, to send you information regarding new features, services and special offers from us that we think you’ll find valuable (including by email, postal mail, and phone); to provide you with access to certain areas of our site; to answer your questions or comments; to provide customer or technical support; to send you notices such as information about changes in our policies; to verify your contact information, and other administrative purposes; and to undertake market research, accounting, auditing, and other internal functions, including fraud prevention and handling claims.
9. Legal Requirements. We may process your information to comply with applicable legal requirements, or to establish our defenses against legal claims that may arise, whether brought by you or third parties.
How We May Use Anonymous or Aggregated Information
10. We may use your personal information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information for analysis, research, and analytics by third party service providers. The anonymized data we might extract for such purposes includes de-identified demographic data, location data, and information about the computer or device you use to visit our site. If collected, we may use such anonymized/aggregated information for various purposes, including measuring visitors’ interests and use of different parts of our site. If we share such data with third parties, it will be in its anonymized form designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
Protecting Your Information
11. RAEN Winery is the sole owner of the information collected on this site for Sorì della Sorba. Any data that we store about you is kept behind a secure firewall in our database and is not accessible to the public in any way. Any sensitive information (such as credit card numbers and/or social security numbers) that we collect from you is encrypted with SSL, a standard internet security measure. We do everything in our power to protect user data offline as well by restricting access to information to only those employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative). All employees are kept up to date on our security and privacy practices and are aware of the importance of always keeping customer data secure and safe.
12. We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to others, except as otherwise disclosed in this statement. We value your privacy and will never release any account or personal information to any third party unless we are given explicit authority to do so by you, our customer.
13. Please be aware, however, that no method of transferring or storing information is completely secure. By using our site, you confirm that we cannot guarantee the absolute securing of any information. If we learn of a security or privacy breach, we will attempt to notify you via email and in writing when legally required.
Retaining Your Information
14. RAEN generally retains personal information for so long as you use our site, or keep a Sorì della Sorba account with us, or as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including the performance of contracts, legitimate interests, and legal requirements as described above. For example, we will keep it as necessary to provide our services, resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, enforce our agreements, and comply with laws.
15. We delete personal information within a reasonable time after we no longer need it for such purposes. Typically, RAEN will keep your personal information for 24 months after our last contact with you, or, if you have an account with us, for so long as that account remains active plus 10 years. However, you still have the right to request that we delete your personal information earlier than these times. For detail on this, please see below section “Making Changes and Opting Out.” We may store your personal information in inactive files for a certain time after we delete it from our active files, as part of our ordinary business archival procedures so that it is available if we need it for litigation, disputes, or standard auditing and accounting.
Social Media and Other Third-Party Sites
16. This website may contain links to other websites. RAEN is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each site that collects personally identifiable information. RAEN does not control these other sites, and RAEN does not endorse them, or review, approve, or make any representations about them or their privacy policies. When you visit those sites, you are responsible for understanding their own privacy policies and proceeding at your own risk.
17. Sorì della Sorba has an active Instagram account with a link to it on our site, and we may include links to other social media accounts. If you already use these social media sites, their cookies may be set on your computer or device when you visit our site. Personal information which you share on social media (or otherwise online) may be accessed and used by others without any restrictions. RAEN does not control such activity. When you use social media, you are responsible for understanding their respective privacy policies and the risks involved.
How We May Share Your Information
18. Service Providers. We use third-party service providers (“vendors”) to enable us to provide our services to you. For example, we use BlueHost for website hosting, Stripe for payments processing, Campaign Monitor for email marketing, ShipCompliant for alcoholic beverages compliance, and M7 Wine Solutions for customer order fulfillment. These vendors have access to your personal information only for the purposes of performing their services for RAEN. They are expressly obligated in their contracts with RAEN not to disclose or use your personal information for any other purpose.
19. Legal Disclosures. We may need to access, retain, and disclose your personal information and other information, such as server log data, if we believe we are required to do so to comply with law enforcement requests or legal processes, such as court orders or subpoenas; to enforce our contracts or policies; to collect a debt; and to aid in the prevention, investigation, or prosecution of illegal activities such a suspected fraud.
20. Protection From Harm. We may need to access, retain, and disclose your personal information and other information, such as server log data, if we believe it is necessary to prevent violations of personal rights or property rights, to prevent physical or financial harm, or illegal activity, or any other reason that we believe in good faith is necessary to protect you or others from harm.
Making Changes and Opting Out
23. You may access the personal information you have submitted to us at any time by selecting “My Account”. From there you can make changes to your Sorì della Sorba account information. You can opt-out of any marketing messages or newsletters by clicking the “unsubscribe” link available in the footer of each marketing email. Where you have consented to RAEN’s processing of your personal information, you may restrict or opt-out of such processing by contacting us at the contact information set forth below. Please understand that if you do so, we may not be able to fulfill orders or service your account.
24. Even if you withdraw consent to our processing of your personal information, we may still collect and use other information regarding your activities on our site for our business purposes, such as analysis and to improve our services.
25. Email Marketing. If at any time you want to opt-out of receiving marketing emails, you can use the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email. We will process your request as soon as reasonably possible. You will still receive other non-marketing emails from us, such as emails related to products or services you’ve requested, your account with Sorì della Sorba that is managed by RAEN, or updates to our policies.
26. Do Not Track. Certain browsers offer a Do Not Track (“DNT”) preference that users can set to inform websites and services that they do not want information about their visits to be collected over time and across websites. Please note that we do not routinely use analytics programs that do such types of data tracking, and we cannot respond to or take action upon receipt of such DNT signals.
27. Do Not Sell My Personal Information. RAEN does not sell personal information to third parties or share personal information in other ways that have been interpreted as a “sale” under California’s Consumer Privacy Act.
Your Rights to Access, Correct, or Delete Personal Information
You have legal rights to control how we collect and process your personal information. Legally, the exact choices you have vary depending upon your location. RAEN will endeavor to comply with your requests whenever we can; and if we cannot comply with your request, we will explain our decision to you. Generally, your choices include the following:
28. You may submit requests to us to manage, correct, limit, or delete personal information that we have collected about you. You may also request a copy or transfer of your personal information, and you may object to ways that we process it. Please send your requests, including your full name, email address associated with your Sorì della Sorba account, and detailed description of your request, by mail or email to the contact addresses listed below.
29. We will respond to your requests within a reasonable period of time. If you request a copy or transfer of your personal information, we will provide it in an easily accessible format. RAEN may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or responding to your requests.
30. There may be circumstances under which RAEN is unable to provide access to certain personal information or fully comply with your requests. These may include (without limitation) where the information contains legal privilege, would compromise someone else’s privacy or legitimate rights, or where the information is commercially proprietary. Or we may need to continue processing your personal information for our legitimate business needs or to comply with legal requirements. In such cases, we will give you an explanation of why we are unable to fully comply.
32. Under California law, California residents have the right to ask website operators for a notice describing the categories of personal information they share with third parties for direct marketing purposes. RAEN does not share your personal information with third parties for such purposes. Upon your request, we will provide you with a written notice confirming that your personal information is not shared in this way.
33. Our site, services, and products are not directed to children under 18 years of age. RAEN does not knowingly collect any personal information from minors. We do not sell alcohol to persons under the age of 21, and we make every effort to ensure that alcoholic beverages are not delivered to anyone who is under the age of 21. If you learn that your minor child has given us personal information without your consent, please alert us by email at the address below. If we learn that we have collected personal information from anyone under the age of 18, we will take steps to promptly delete it and, if applicable, terminate the minor’s account.
34. RAEN reserves the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website.
35. RAEN may modify this privacy statement at any time. Dates of such updates are displayed at the top of the policy page. We will attempt to notify you of any material changes, either with a notice on our site or via email. However, it is your responsibility to check this page from time to time. Revisions will be effective immediately, and the version of this policy in effect at the time your personal information is collected will govern our obligations and your rights with respect to that information. If you do not agree with a revised version of this policy, you must immediately stop using the site and terminate your account; otherwise, the revised version will apply to you.
36. If we collect or use your personal information for any new purpose that you have not authorized (either explicitly or by accessing our site or creating a Sorì della Sorba account), we will attempt to contact you to let you know about the new purpose and give you the opportunity to consent or opt-out.
How to Contact RAEN About Privacy Concerns
If you have any questions or requests, you may contact RAEN as follows:
Attn: Sorì della Sorba Customer Care
PO Box 10489
Napa, CA 94581
If you have any questions about the security of our website, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.